Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Stuck in the Middle with You

Wishing everyone a Wonderful Wednesday.  We had a nice date night last night.  My brother, Dick and his wife, Jackie, joined us and we rode our Harleys to dinner at a local bar that specializes in Buffalo meat.  It was a beautiful evening for a ride and while none of us had buffalo, except Frank in his chili, dinner was very good. 
We got home early because we don't like riding the bike in the dark and had some people stop to look at the car and they said they will be back today with the cash to purchase it so it was a very good night.

My friend, Midgie, who normally works the food pantry on the 4th Wednesdays of the month, is having foot surgery so I will be covering for her tonight.  Luckily, I had already planned a crockpot meal so all I need to do is get the veggies ready for the stir fry and give Frank a call on my way home to start the rice and veggies.

I normally use this teriyaki sauce but when I went shopping they had a new flavor so I am going to try this and we will see if we like it as well.
 
Well, it is unanimous....In the future we will probably marinade and bake or grill the chicken rather than put it in the slow cooker.  The flavor was okay but the chicken was overcooked.  Perhaps if I had only put it on low for 4 hrs it would have been better.  I'm not sure but the recipe is below if you want to play with it and see if you have more success than I.  Good Luck!

Teriyaki Chicken (Island Style)

4 Chicken Legs, skinned
4 Chicken Thighs, skinned
1 c. Teriyaki Sauce, Island Style
1 can Pineapple Chunks, drained

Place all items in a crockpot and cook on low for 8-10 hrs. Print Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.