Thursday, January 9, 2014

A Day of Travel

Natasha and I left at 6:30 this morning so that we could get our last walk in before I head home.

Now I am sitting in the airport at San Luis Obispo awaiting the first leg of my journey to San Francisco.  I am feeling a little melancholy leaving Mom behind.  All week long she has been telling me that she is NOT staying here and that she is going with me.  Luckily this morning when I was getting out of the car, I kissed her and said "see you soon", she asked where she was going and I answered that she wasn't going, I was going but I would see her soon.  Mom responded, "Oh, good, well you have fun" and that was the end of it.  So along with the melancholy I also feel relief and I also am very anxious to get home to Frank and my dogs!!

They just announced that our flight into SF is delayed for one hour.  That gives me 20 minutes to catch my connecting flight.  Wish me luck. I had planned on grabbing lunch during the layover.  Luckily Mary had supplied me with a power bar so I am sitting here eating that with a bottle of water.  This is a nice airport from which to fly out of because it is small and quaint.  They have free wifi so I can write this but I can't find any electrical outlets and my battery is depleting quickly.

Once at SF I had to take a shuttle to another concourse and then run to catch my flight. Boy am I ever out of shape!

Now I am in Chicago and I got very lucky. Deplaned at gate B2 and my flight flies out of B4. This gave me 10 minutes to let you all know that I am going to sleep in my own bed tonight.  Woooohooooo

2 comments:

  1. I have never, ever, in my whole life taken a trip alone (well except when I was 20 and rode the bus from Hutchinson to Newport News Virginia) Might be a goal someday when I am no longer a 'caregiver'. I hope your mom does well in California!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe a week at a spa, Paula.....you certainly deserve it!!

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.