Friday, March 28, 2014

Easy Easter Cookies

Yesterday was a busy day.  I took Mom Klik to the doctor and then we went out to lunch, Dick and Jackie joined us for dinner and I had choir practice.

I also planned a dinner for tomorrow night.  We are having Tingting's future father in law and his wife over to meet them. Today was spent getting the supplies for dinner and prepping what I could ahead of time.  Tamie was here to clean so I only need to set the table and decorate a bit.

After that running around I made cookies for the church fish fry tonight.  I have chosen to make some cookies from a recipe posted by my friend, Amy, who blogs over at Amy's Cooking Adventures.  She calls these cookies "The Best Cookies Ever" and she adapted it from a recipe found at Two Peas in Their Pod.  I will be adapting it slightly to make it more of an Easter cookie.

We are actually going to attend the fish fry tonight, I think this is going to be the only one we will be able to attend this year so I decided to go there in lieu of making the fish dinner from the Philippines that was featured this week on the CRS Rice Bowl.


I think I will call these cookies that I adapted from Amy's Cooking Adventures, that she adapted from Two Peas in their Pod, "Easy Easter Cookies". (Got all that??)  I hope you enjoy them.



I decided to put Spring Sprinkles inside the cookies instead of the candies
And they were cute but not quite as festive as I hoped.


So I added some frosting and some more sprinkles.
You can never have too many sprinkles!

Easy Easter Cookies
adapted from Amy's Cooking Adventures

1 c. butter
3/4 c. brown sugar, packed
1/4 c. granulated sugar
1 (3.4 oz) pkg. instant vanilla pudding 
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
2 1/4 c. unbleached all purpose flour
3/4 c. Spring Sprinkles plus additional sprinkles for on top
Cookie Icing (store bought or homemade, I cheated today and used store bought)

Beat the butter and sugars in the large bowl of a stand mixer with paddle attachment, until smooth and creamy.  Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Add vanilla.  

Gradually add the dry ingredients using low setting on mixer until combined.  Stir in the sprinkles.

Using a small scoop, approx. 2 t., place dough on parchment lined cookie sheets and bake in a preheated oven at 350* for 10-12 minutes.

Remove from baking sheet onto cooling racks.  When cookies are cooled, ice and sprinkle with additional sprinkles.  Print Recipe



No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.