Sunday, March 2, 2014

Thoughts about Mom

My friend, Paula, of Smidgens, Snippets and Bits, asked me if I thought Mom would be happy to be coming home.  It is hard to say.  In Mom's mind she is home...she has lived in California all her life and she thinks I live there too.  She cannot understand why I do not come and visit more often, seeing as I live so close.

She did not walk to California this year.  She is getting too old for that so she hitchhiked instead!!

She is very anxious to see Dawn as she has not seen her in years and years.  She is a little bit concerned about how Dawn is going to know how to get her to my house since she (Dawn) has never even been here before.

She is going to miss her dogs when she leaves California.  When told she would still have our dogs here she was very surprised to learn that I had any dogs.

She has had a great time with Larry and "that woman".  They are very nice to her and they go for rides and play games almost every day.

Mary said that Mom is getting much more forgetful....I don't know how that is possible.  Maybe she went from forgetting things in 2 seconds instead of 5 seconds??  I do know what Mary means though and I know that I am in for a big shock when I see Mom after 2 months off.  It is not as apparent to us when we are with her every day but when she is gone for a while you really notice the change!!


Mom with "her dogs" in California.

Only 9 more days.....I think I will make the best of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.