Friday, August 1, 2014

Here we go over the wild blue yonder....

Yesterday we got up early and got ourselves all ready for our trip to the Air Show in Oshkosh, Wisconsin.
Kirsten and John were over by 8:15 and we were on the way to the airport.  Frank had gone to the airport on Wednesday to prep the plane so we made a quick potty stop and we were up, up and away.

We flew straight through to an airport on the outskirts of town.  It was a beautiful morning and a great flight.  It took us approx. two and a half hours to arrive.  We flew all the way across Lake Michigan and it was strange looking out and seeing nothing but blue for about 20 minutes.


We couldn't find anyone to take a photo of the 4 of us when we landed so you get 2 pics of us with our plane.

\\

Our plane with John and Kirsten.  Isn't she a beauty??  The plane is pretty nice too.

Once we got the potty business out of the way we realized we were all starving but alas we had to wait for the taxi to arrive and take us to the rental car agency.  That didn't take long but it was a looooong procedure at the rental agency, or maybe it just felt that way because I was staaaaaarving!!

We had talked to the cab driver on the way and she told us of a Mexican restaurant near the rental agency. It is an unwritten rule that we go to Mexican restaurants every time we vacation with Kirsten and John.


We started off with margaritas.
Kirsten and I got the mediums and Frank and John got the jumbos.
Holy cow...I guess we should have asked how big they were before ordering LOL.


After a delicious lunch we celebrated John's birthday.
They brought out this fancy sombrero and we all sang.


And then they gave him a shot topped with whipped cream and a candle.
Oh good, just what we needed....more alcohol LOL.

The highlight of our lunch though was our waitress.  She was the cutest, happiest, most bubbly waitress I have ever seen.  We all wanted to steal her and keep her with us because she made us happy just being in her presence.  If you live in the Hartford, WI area or are visiting, I would highly recommend a stop at Casa Tequila.

Following lunch we drove the 20 minutes to our hotel and took naps before leaving to meet friend's of John and Kirsten's for dinner, which was also wonderful but I forgot my camera so you will just have to take my word for it.

Today we hit the air show.....talk to you later!!



4 comments:

  1. I swear, when I first looked at the picture of the 4 of you at lunch, the margaritas immediately registered - so I guess that's why when I looked at the brick pattern behind your head, I saw sombrero! I figured it was either your birthday or a really bad hair day!!! What a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too funny Lisa, I had to go back to see exactly what you were talking about. I hadn't even noticed the wall behind my head LOL

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.