Sunday, December 21, 2014

Relax everyone...you are not as behind as you think......

I listen to people.  I read their frantic posts.  I go back and read my posts and I listen to the words I speak to those I meet.


We are all in a tizzy here.  We are all freaking out because Christmas is 4 days away!!!  And we are not ready.  The gifts are not bought.  The house is not decorated.  The cookies are not baked.  The menu isn't decided.  And Christmas is in 4 short days!




And then I listen again.  I listen to the words of our Lord, whose birthday we are celebrating and I hear.  "Peace, my child".



And then it dawns on me....maybe this worry, this turmoil, this franticocity (?) is not because my house isn't ready or my presents are not bought.  Maybe it has nothing to do with the food for our bodies upon which I have not yet prepared or decided.  Perhaps it is my heart and soul that is not ready.  Maybe I need to breathe and prepare the way for our Lord.  Maybe I need to feed my soul.


Christmas is not over and done with in 4 days from now.  In 4 days from now we celebrate the birth of our Lord and then we (should) continue the celebration until the Epiphany on January 6th.  We are not behind!!!  We still have more than 2 weeks before Christmas is over.


So, I am going to remember....in between my shopping and cleaning and baking and cooking....to breathe.  To take some time each day to spend a few moments with my Lord and Savior, in prayerful gratitude that I have so little to worry about in my life that I can get stressed to the max over these minor little details.


I have no illness in my family to worry about this year.  I have not suffered any deaths of immediate family members this year. I have food on the table.  I have a new life to celebrate this year.  I have enough resources that I can buy things for people that they don't need because they have enough resources.  I have a wonderful husband that I admire, great children of whom I can be very proud, siblings that are always there for me and the best friends any person could hope to have in their life.


So, why then, should I allow Satan to insinuate himselp into my happy life?  Through media that tries to tell us that love is shown, not by how you treat people throughout the entire year but by how much money you spend on them this one day of the year.  Through fear and hatred as people argue over whether this should be Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Happy Hannukah, Happy Kwanzaa or any other greeting that is simply supposed to spread love and cheer.  Through insecurities and fear as we live (or refuse to live) with others who are of a different race or color or religion.  Yes, Satan is alive and strong but we can be stronger with the help of our Lord and that is what I am going to concentrate on this season.


As I finish this post I would like to wish each and every one of you that stop by here a Happy, Peaceful, Joyful Life. Regardless of which holiday you enjoy or if you don't acknowledge any at all. Regardless of where you were born.  Regardless of the color of your skin or the style of your dress. Regardless of economical and social standing.  Regardless if you wish the same for me.




2 comments:

  1. As a matter of fact, I told my sisters they would be getting Epiphany gifts this year. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.