Saturday, May 23, 2015

A Week of Salads

Happy Memorial Day.  The day set aside to remember all of those we have loved and have gone before us and all of those who have died for us serving our country.  No greater love is there than this.  Let us never forget.

Image result for memorial day

For many of us, Memorial Day also marks the beginning of summer.  We start working in our gardens, cleaning up our yards, breaking out the barbecue, opening up the pools.  I love this time of year when the weather is nice enough to spend time out of doors but not yet so hot that you can't breathe.  The bugs are not yet out in full force so you don't have to drench yourself in insect repellant to be able to enjoy a cocktail on the patio.  Our menus change from soups, roasts and stews to grilled meats, fresh veggies and salads.  It just makes me smile.

Image result for grilling clipart

I decided to take that train of thought and continue it throughout the week with a Weekly Menu filled with salads.  I hope you enjoy them. Please stop by each day for photos and recipes and join me on Monday at MPM so we can see what other's have on the menu this week.

Saturday
Grilled Kielbasa and Cabbage Salad

Sunday
50th Wedding Anniversary in the afternoon.
BBQ at Roz and Ron's in the evening

Meatless Monday
Grilled Vegetable Pasta Salad  BBQ at John and Kirsten's

Tuesday
Chinese Chicken Salad

Wednesday
Grilled Steakhouse Salad

Thursday 
Vietnamese Noodle Salad

Fish Friday
Spiced Tuna Salad



4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read all your salads this week. That is what I love most about summer. The eating becomes so easy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Casual, relaxed and easy peasy....perfect summer time fare.

      Delete
  2. Great minds and all....I had scheduled a week of salads for the last week of May, but totally forgot it was Memorial Day. After pulling a post and some reworking, I decided to do a Summer of Salads. We'll see how that goes. Love the idea and can't wait to check out the sausage/cabbage salad I see next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it Debra, it is a hearty salad and a complete meal.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.