Sunday, July 19, 2015

A Look at Last Week, A Peek at Next Week and the Weekly Menu

Wow!  What a fun filled, crazy week we had.  I can't believe that we crammed so much activity and excitement into one week!


It started out with a trip to the zoo.


Spence finished all his pool and book work to become certified.
Now he just needs his open water portion to be complete.
We will take care of that with a trip to Florida in March.


Then we flew to Put In Bay where we had lunch and then went into the mining caves.


Then we did some mining ourselves


And celebrated making it through a maze.


And did a little golfing.


And spent the next couple of days getting ready for the annual July party.
We had about 100 in attendance and a great time was had by all.
Here is Jack meeting his cousins, Sterling and Devin.

This week won't be quite as crazy as last week.  This morning as I write this the rest of the gang is all catching up on their sleep.  We are going to have waffles for breakfast and then my Traverse City family is heading back north.  Mary's sister stayed last night and will be with us for a couple of days. Ting and Melody are coming over to attend Mass with us and then we will be keeping our Little Miss for a few hours.  It should be a quiet afternoon and evening.

Tuesday we are invited over to Dick and Jackie's for dinner. I will be spending a good portion of the week getting ready for a retirement party that we are co hosting on Sunday.  I will be making spaghetti dinner for about 200 people.

So, in between all of our fun, we still have to eat...Here is our Weekly Menu.  I can't promise daily updates but I will do my best.

Sunday
Grilled Pork Chops
Leftover Salads from the Party

Meatless Monday
Salad

Tuesday
Dinner at Dick and Jackie's

Wednesday
Dragon and Phoenix Soup
Steamed Rice

Thursday
Out for Dinner for Larry and Mary's Anniversary

Friday
Cole Slaw





6 comments:

  1. It all looks and sounds like such fun! I imagine you will be ready for a rest soon. I sent Harley off to camp this week so our house if very quiet. I feel as if I am almost all alone. Remember how teen boys don't spend much time with their families??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. August should quiet down and then Frank and I are taking an extra few days when we go up north for Lil's sweet 16 party to sneak away by ourselves. I do remember those days when teens, both boys and girls, don't want to hang out with the old folk.

      Delete
  2. Show more pics of ting & mel! Soo cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, this is a loyal follower who had came across you a few months ago from this other cooking blog, lol! Not to be a creep but I think your daughter and her daughter are adorable. Love when you post them up! Family is everything.

      Delete
    2. Well thanks so much. I think they are pretty special too

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.