Monday, August 22, 2016

On the Road Again.....

Well we are back on the road, heading towards Michigan.  We won't make it all the way but hopefully we will make it halfway to our TC family which is our destination for tomorrow night.  One nice thing about road trips is it gives me plenty of reading time.  Since we left I have listened to The One in a Million Boy and read The Bookseller.

Image result for unravel by calia read

Then I started and finished Unravel by Calia Read.  I am not sure how to review this book without spoilers.  It is the story of a girl who is desperately trying to help out her friends who are having some terrible things going on in their lives.  So terrible that the girl, Naomi, ends up in a psych ward which is where this story begins.  It then flashes back to her childhood and young adulthood as she discovers her friends secrets and hardships and attempts to save them.

Image result for x rated

This book is what my friend, Miss Sue, would call an S& F book.  The S= suck and the F= well you get the idea.  This is not a book that you would want to share with your tween or teen.

I had this book pretty much figured out halfway through but still enjoyed it and was a little bit surprised at the ending.  I will give it a 3 out of 5 rating as I did enjoy it.

I have now started reading the Phryne Fisher series.  My friend, Kirsten gave me Introducing the Honourable Phryne Fisher which contains the first three novels in the series.  I am about a third of the way through Cocaine Blues.  These mysteries starring the elegant Phryne Fisher is written by Kerry Greenwood.  Have you heard of this series?  I am enjoying it thus far. What did you think?

4 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of this series. I liked the term S&F book. I don't really read too many of those kinds anymore. I must be getting too old. Maybe I should give it a try since it sounds like a mystery/thriller type book. I'll add it to my huge TBR pile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the first I have read since the Gray trilogy. It's funny....all I could think of is how to review it so others don't think it is ok for their kids. LOL

      Delete
  2. Gaaaa... I am so far behind on my reading! I have two books I ordered, one my mother gave me and three magazines sitting next to my bed, just begging to be read! The problem is that every time I decide to read, I just fall asleep! Hopefully, as my life winds down into winter, I will be able to get some reading done. Funny, we call those DFS books - D for "darn", F for the bomb and S for the stuff that goes down the toilet! Maybe someday I will get to the Phryne Fisher series. Maybe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the DFS analogy also Vickie. Maybe a road trip is in your future so you get in some reading time.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.