Monday, December 26, 2016

Weekly Menu featuring Christmas Leftovers

Happy Monday all.  I trust that you had a marvelous Christmas weekend.  We sure did.  We had several days of celebration that all included feasting, love and laughter and it is not over yet!  We celebrate the 12 Days of Christmas which means the parties go on until the Epiphany on January 6th.

Image result for 12 days of christmas

Our celebration continued today by going out for breakfast with our friends, Bob and Cathy, who are down from up north for a few days.  The rest of the day was supposed to be spent relaxing but then Frank decided that we needed to get a bar fridge for in the sun room.  That turned into rearranging the entire room to make a space for it.  We spent several hours moving furniture around before we were finally satisfied with the results.

Tomorrow evening John and Kirsten are coming over for dinner. Their son, Mike and his wife Amy (of Amy's Cooking Adventures) and their boys are in town as well as Kirsten's mom, Caroline.  We always love getting together with them when they are here and I'm looking forward to spending the evening with them.

Wednesday, Frank is conducting a CPL class so I will be providing breakfast and lunch for the students.  Thursday we have friends coming for dinner and Friday we are going out for dinner and a movie with our friends, Kim and Kurt.

With all of the entertaining over the weekend I have tons of fabulous food left that I will repurpose to feed us all week long.  Now that's what I'm talking about!! I am putting the recipes made with leftovers in italics.  Check back during the New Year when I will be posting recipes and photos.

Monday
Ham, Broccoli and Cheese Chowder

Tuesday-Company for Dinner
Kale and Squash Soup
Fruits of the Season Salad
Chicken Marsala Lasagna
Garlic Bread
Asst. Cookies

Wednesday-CPL class
BreakfastSausage Strata
Sweet Bacon Breakfast Muffins
Apple and Pear Salad

Lunch
Ham and Swiss Sandwiches
Cole Slaw
Potato Chips
Asst. Cookies

Thursday-Company for Dinner
Crab Mushroom Bisque
Lemon Rosemary Pork Tenderloin
Roasted Redskin Potatoes
Corn  Casserole
Eggnog Rum Cake Parfaits

Friday- Dinner out


6 comments:

  1. Ok... I need you to cook for me! lol.
    I am drooling here!
    Sweet bacon muffins?
    Kale n squash soup? And, MUSHROOM CRAB BISQUE!!!??? I NEED RECIPES GIRL!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kris. The sweet bacon muffins were posted on Monday. The other recipes will be following next week. Hope your Christmas was wonderful. Only a month and a half to go!!

      Delete
  2. We are eating a lot of leftovers here too. Sadly, there is just me and Harley so we will either eat a lot or waste a lot!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used the last of mine today making soup. Gone, finished, Done!!

      Delete
    2. I still have a ham bone and some bits of ham to try to decide how I want to fix them!!

      Delete
    3. Well, if worse comes to worse, the ham bone can always be put in the freezer and get pulled out one day when you feel like fussing with it.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.