Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Baked Chicken Thighs with an Asian Glaze

I was thumbing through the pile of recipes that sits next to my computer.  I have a system.  Recipes that are to be made in the next week go into a pile on my kitchen counter. Those that I want to make go into a pile on my bookshelf.  When I am making my Weekly Menu's if I decide to make them, they get moved to the counter.  Once they are made they get moved to the garbage if they didn't turn out or to a pile next to my computer if they did work out.


This recipe made it onto the counter way back in December and has been sitting by my computer waiting to be put onto my blog ever since.  It has been pretty busy around here between holidays, all the different groups to which I belong and vacations.  This week is a little quieter so I decided that this is a perfect time to share this easy and tasty recipe with you.  Not only do I have the time in which to share it but we are still celebrating Chinese New Year until the 15th of this month so it is very timely.


If you do as I and put the chicken in the marinade and refrigerate until you get home, you will have dinner on the table in less than an hour.  The chicken takes only 30 minutes or so to bake and needs to rest for a few minutes before serving.  While the chicken was baking, I made some rice, adding some frozen mixed vegetables during the last 15 minutes of cooking.  I plated up the rice and veggies, topped it with the chicken, drizzled over the sauce and had a great one dish meal ready to serve.


Baked Chicken Thighs with an Asian Glaze
adapted from Allrecipes. com

1/2 c. seasoned rice vinegar
1/4 c. honey
1/3 c. lite soy sauce
1/4 c. sesame oil
2 T. chili garlic sauce
3 cloves garlic, minced
salt and pepper to taste
6-8  skinless, boneless chicken thighs
1 c. white rice
1 pkg, frozen mixed vegetables

Place the vinegar, honey, soy sauce, sesame oil, chili garlic sauce, garlic, salt and pepper into a gallon size, plastic bag that zips shut.  Seal and shake vigorously to blend.  Add the chicken thighs to the marinade, seal the bag and place in the refrigerator for at least one hour and up to over night.

Remove the chicken from the marinade and place into a 9x13 baking pan.  Pour the marinade into a sauce pan and place over medium heat.  Bring to a boil and cook for 10-15 minutes, reduce heat and cook for another 5 minutes until the sauce starts to thicken.

While chicken is baking, cook rice per package directions, adding the mixed veggies during the last 15 minutes of cooking.  

Place rice and veggies onto a platter.  Top with chicken, drizzle with remaining sauce from baking dish and serve.  Print Recipe






6 comments:

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.