Thursday, March 2, 2017

Two more days of fun in the sun.....

So when I left you on Tuesday morning we headed out for two morning dives, which again were just spectacular.  I can't wait to share the underwater photos with you.  Frank will work on them this upcoming weekend so stay tuned...you won't be sorry.

Tuesday afternoon we were going to do a land excursion but napping won out over hiking.  After our nap, though, we went into town to check out Carnival.  Carnival is the Island's celebration of Mardi Gras/Fat Tuesday/Paczki Day.


It consists of VERY LOUD music, lots of alcohol, street food and dancing in the streets.  It was fun and I'm glad we checked it out but not really my cup of tea.  My aversion to crowds started to get me claustrophobic so we headed back to the resort and enjoyed dinner and drinks in the bar with some of the others in our group.

Yesterday was  our final day of diving.  Our flight is at 8 am on Friday so we don't have time for diving today and the 24 hour no dive period before flight.  It was a fabulous day of diving, however. Two morning dives, followed by lunch on the beach and an afternoon dive.  


How could the day not be perfect when it starts off with a double rainbow?!!


We cleaned up all of our gear and set it out to dry before our flight and then headed off to Mass for Ash Wednesday.  The church was packed.  I love attending Mass on the Islands because their music is so awesome.  The locals are very welcoming and friendly.  We had a nice dinner at the hotel restaurant, Pallisades.  I had a warm beet salad and smoked marlin pate.  Frank had the fresh catch of the day, Mahi Mahi.  

This morning we are going to take a walk to the Botanical Gardens in town and then this afternoon we are going to Titou Gorge and Trafalgar Falls.  I will be back to share those adventures with you very soon.

3 comments:

  1. I am curious to know why no diving for 24 hours before your flight! How interesting to go to church while on the island. I wish we had done that while we were traveling. Never even thought about it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While diving your body builds up nitrogen so you have to off load that before going into another activity where it builds again. You always start with the deepest dive first and each following dive for the day is shallower. You have a computer that tells you how many hours you need to wait before your next dives. It also tells you how many hours to wait before flight but we always err on the side of caution and wait a full 24 hours before flight. Decompression illness can be deadly so we are always conservative with our dive plans.

      Delete
    2. How interesting. I don't know much about diving! I have heard of decompression illness, however! Thanks for sharing!!

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.