Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Zoodles with Thai Peanut Sauce #CrazyIngredientChallenge


Welcome to this month's edition of CIC where the theme is Peanuts and Zucchini.  This fun group has a vote each month that allows members to choose 1 item from 2 different lists, the top vote in each list then gets paired with the top vote in the other list and voila.....the Crazy Ingredient Challenge is on!!

I was tempted to make a zucchini nut bread using peanuts for the nuts but that kinda seemed like a copout and I really wanted to make a savory dish.

I had made this Peanut Stew a few months ago and I thought about revisiting a stew made with peanuts and zucchini but when the weather is warm I prefer salads over stews. When I think of peanuts in a savory dish, my mind always jumps to Thai food.  I love Thai and we make it quite often.  I had just made this delicious Thai Noodle Salad  last month.  In fact, I chose it as my favorite post from last month during First Monday Favorites.  I thought that I could make another, adding zucchini to the mix and then it struck me that I could make zoodles and forgo the pasta completely.



So I grabbed the shredding blade for my food processor and made quick work of turning a couple of zucchini into a bowl full of zoodles.


Then I started hunting around for what I had that would make a great Thai style dressing.  I grabbed some peanut butter, ginger, garlic, lime, cilantro, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce and honey.  These items went into my heavy duty blender on puree and soon became a peanutty dressing.


Toss it together, give it a sprinkling of peanuts for garnish and you have a wonderful meatless lunch or side dish for dinner.  


You can find what the others have created using Peanuts and Zucchini following my recipe.  Have a great month everyone and meet all your challenges head on!!

Zoodles with Thai Peanut Sauce

2 large zucchini
1/4 c. peanut butter
2 T. soy sauce
2 T. rice wine vinegar
1 T. peanut oil
2 T. honey
1 t. garlic paste
1 t. ginger paste
1 jalapeno, cored and seeded
1 large handful cilantro leaves
juice of 1 lime
1/4 c. crushed peanuts

Using a spiralizer or food processor, shred the zucchini into long strips.  Place in a bowl and toss to separate.

Place the peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar, oil, honey, garlic, ginger, jalapeno, cilantro and lime juice in a heavy duty blender and puree until smooth.  Taste and season with salt as necessary.

Pour the dressing over the zoodles and toss to coat.  Garnish with crushed peanuts, if desired. Print Recipe

More Peanutty Zucchini Recipes

2 comments:

  1. You just saved me the trouble of coming up with a sauce when I finally make the zucchini salad that is in my head.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.